We are always striving to learn new and improved methods each day. A great thing about the landscape industry is the opportunity to improve on each seasonal project with new plants and techniques. Remember that horticulture is an applied science. We look forward to providing you with more information as we learn about new plants, designs and techniques.
Monthly Gardening Suggestions
- Now that the Holidays are over it is time to start thinking about the upcoming growing season and to plan on what our planting schedule will be.
- Prune plant material that flowers before May before new growth starts. Don’t prune early blooming plants because flower buds will be removed. Example: Azaleas
- Time to fertilize shrubs based off the results of your soil sample test.
- Start watching plant material for insects
- Prune plant material that has already finished flowering.
- Start with fertilizer on lawns
- Prune plants that flower after May
- WOW IT”S HOT!!!
- Water and feed plant material
- First round of pre-emergence
- Start planning for your seasonal color beds!
- Good time to plant seasonal color beds and let them root in before cold weather gets here
- Last week of November, turn off irrigation systems. As the weather cools down plants will need less water. Water only when needed.
- If plant material did not perform well in the past growing season a soil test may be a good idea.